If someone survives a plane crash, the injuries tend to be catastrophic. There may be many different factors surrounding an airline accident which can contribute to its cause. Some of these factors include:
- Faulty Equipment
- FAA Regulation Violations
- Pilot Errors
- Problems in the Design or Structure of an Aircraft
- Flight Service Station Employee Negligence
- Negligence in a Third Party Selection of a Carrier
- Federal Air Traffic Controller Negligence
The effective prosecution of aviation cases involves application of the facts to the various rules, regulations and laws affecting air travel. A successful outcome in aviation accident litigation requires an understanding of the various issues that arise when an aviation accident occurs.
- The Foreign Sovereign Immunities Act, which governs suits against foreign governments, including many foreign airlines and manufacturers
- The Warsaw Convention
- The Federal Aviation Act and Regulations, which set minimum safety standards for pilot conduct, flight operations and aircraft manufacture
- The Federal Tort Claims Act
- Choice of law rules that dictate the applicable law
- The government contractor defense
- The General Aviation Revitalization Act "GARA"
- The Freedom of Information Act
Our firm represents clients located in Brooklyn, The Bronx, Queens, Manhattan, Staten Island, New York State and many other states (New Jersey, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, Georgia, Florida, Colorado, North Carolina, and California, and we will handle a case in any state provided we can do so in full compliance with court rules regarding multijurisdictional practice, association of local counsel and/or admission pro hac vice) who have suffered personal injuries or lost a loved one.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a plane crash, helicopter crash, or aviation accident, CONTACT US ONLINE OR CALL US AT (516) 742-8897= (516) PIATTYS in Long Island, (212) 267-9377= (212) ANSWERS In Manhattan TO SET UP A FREE CONSULTATION. If you can't come to us, we will come to you in the hospital or we will visit you in our mobile office.